I Live in a Pick-Up Truck

This was a nine month journey of self discovery. I left Portland in May 2009 and returned in February 2010. I used this travel as a tool to regain self-confidence and a good perspective on the world. It worked.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

lying on the sofa of life.

i am out of here. this world, at least. seriously, i am moving way too slow and that is disturbing. i had things relatively planned out when i was in cheyenne. my tiimeline was going to place me in richmond by october 1st, and now i am hoping *hoping* to get there by november 1st. i spent too much time chillaxin in indiana. and pittsburgh. and, i am sure, places that i no longer remember but could easily fact check now that i have my memory bank stored in the walls of the ever lasting internet.

it is really too cold right now, up here, to be experiencing life the way that i am and i need to get a move on. with that in mind i have decided tp move on from boston quite quickly. tomorrow, probably, and go straight to new york. originally i had planned to loosley follow the route of the dnc2rnc march that i participated in back in 2004 but i think that i already expereinced those places i would go.

i am sure that there are many thigns i missed then, but i am quite unsure that i would be able to supplement my experience of those places now. i am in cambridge now, yesterday i got here and quickly found the places i had haunted years earlier. i found mass ave and the pu pu hot pot, and then i parked. it was only a matter of letting my feet remember the path back to the house that i stayed in and some other palces that i spent time at. it was much nicer then, in august. i would walk long distances, or ride bikes through boston and cambridge.

now, it is just too cold. even in the warmth of day, all wrapped up. my breath comes out as steam and my feet feel a chill that hours of walking do not entirely cure. my question, then, is this: when you are upside down all of your blood will rush to your head. why does it not rush to your feet as you are upright throughout the day? wouldnt sense be made in the argument that we should spend the most balanced parts of our lives on our backs or, at least, perpendicular to gravity?

forgive me for typing such. i have been reading a novel set in the victorian era and the method of speech has pervaded my writing and this i cannot currently shake. oh, the devil.

1 Comments:

At October 15, 2009 at 5:02 PM , Blogger emily said...

i'm shaking my head at you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home