I Live in a Pick-Up Truck

This was a nine month journey of self discovery. I left Portland in May 2009 and returned in February 2010. I used this travel as a tool to regain self-confidence and a good perspective on the world. It worked.

Friday, July 31, 2009

technical notes #4

jesus. well, it has been five more tanks of gas that i have pumped into the gut of my truck and scroched the earth with its exhaust. sorry, earth. it was actually the day that i came into stl that i had to fill my tank, but with the whirlwind of activity that has surrounded me i havent had a chance to sit and get technical for awhile. well, right now i am attempting to steal some time and make it happen.

this cycle started on july 12th and ended on july 24th, a mere 12 days. when i started it i was still in wyoming and those first few days was just burning through gas as the grasslands and emptiness filled my windows. i am surprised that i made it 12 days through this stretch.

i have traveled 1666 miles over those 12 days, and i think i burned through six states in that time. over these days, i spent 74 gallons of gas, and 179.46 in dollars of money. the average price per gallon was $2.41. i got 22.5 miles per gallon in this stretch.

overall, i have traveled 6966 miles, burnt 281 gallons of gas, and spent $712.79 on that gas.

1 Comments:

At July 31, 2009 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Brian "bht" Bailitz said...

some things that i had forgotten to calculate earlier. i think it was in the second tech notes, that i calculated my daily mileage to about 100 m/d. as it stands now, my mileage is down to 89 m/d.

i think that is a good improvement, especially given how quickly i blew through this last cycle. hopefully, with chicago and indiana on the horizon i can get closer to my goal of about 70 m/d average.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home