I Live in a Pick-Up Truck

This was a nine month journey of self discovery. I left Portland in May 2009 and returned in February 2010. I used this travel as a tool to regain self-confidence and a good perspective on the world. It worked.

Monday, May 18, 2009

spend $160 to make $4000

seriously. i was on a roll. i was cruising, heading south and everything was great. i was learning some freedom and experiencing some life. then the bomb hits. in order to take steps forward i would first be required to step backward. how shitty.

but i did. i am in portland now, i have taken the steps backward and completed the "jobs skills" tests that were required of me to continue receiving my unemployment. and it was just that, i sat at a computer and took a reading comprehension test and then a math comprehension test. things i couldve easily done over email or something more in line with where i was at.

but, it is done now. i leave pdx in about three hours. then it is only 15 more hours on the greyhound to my truck, my home, and my future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home