I Live in a Pick-Up Truck

This was a nine month journey of self discovery. I left Portland in May 2009 and returned in February 2010. I used this travel as a tool to regain self-confidence and a good perspective on the world. It worked.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

its all happening!

today is my last day in the great city of portland. last for now. i am sure i will return, but my departure is of an indefinate length and my first destination is bend, oregon. it is situated in the center of oregon a little west of the true middle.

there is a person named rubin that i am taking from portland to bend tomorrow morning. it is about a three hour trip, i hope we dont get stranded. bend isnt the destination i was hoping for, i was thinking more south, but this is what adventure is all about i guess. following the winds of change and allowing them to parse through me and change me as well as everything else.

also, i have never been to central oregon and it would be nice to see it.

in other news, i am not very pleased with my truck right now. or with money. the other day the IRS sent me a letter saying that i miscalculated my refund and i owed them $377 back. i grappled with whether or not to pay them, i am trying to clean up my credit and not owe any money, so i just paid it. it bit into my savings more than i wanted to before i left.

and that brings us to the truck problems. i think i should get a tune-up on the truck, however the prices i am offered as disparate, from $65 just to see if i need a tune-up to $540 for the full tune-up. i cannot afford that right now. so i am grappling with it. i want to just leave and if i need to get a tune-up on the road, then do it...if i have the money now, i should have it later.

i have just made up my mind. i will get the tune up now. damnit!

1 Comments:

At May 13, 2009 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Brian "bht" Bailitz said...

$100.00...in progress.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home