I Live in a Pick-Up Truck

This was a nine month journey of self discovery. I left Portland in May 2009 and returned in February 2010. I used this travel as a tool to regain self-confidence and a good perspective on the world. It worked.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

tick... tick... tick...

well. everything seems to be prepared. i have 98% of my things in the truck now. pretty much i just need to take my clothes out there and then i could drive away at any moment.

and when will that moment come? due to a personal error i am at the mercy of the state to send me my first check so i can cash it and then i can set off. i contacted my friend in santa cruz to meet up with when i get there. i also have a friend in los angeles that i will be seeing.

i spent some time yesterday seeing old friends before i set off. it was nice. then i broke down (and cried -- not really) my big computer and finished transferring files to this tiny laptop that i have. got rid of my desk and chair, now there is just an empty space where it used to be. it looks so sad, like an old building was just torn down but everything around it remains and there is this emptiness for the moment that pretends to fill the void.

i was trying to be poetic, but it really is just a desk. and a chair. and a big computer. ahh, i cant wait to just start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home